Skip to main content

Madwomen Series Begins

Returning from my first MFA residency at AIB-Lesley I found myself propelled from academia to the fiery excitement of creating. I was immediately excited to work on my male series and my narrative with women. I am inspired by color and clothing and location and especially the esthetic of the 50's and 60's. For this body of work I have decided to work my ideas through the concept of "Madwomen" spun from the series "Madmen" and the thought of the women in that era, how they are portrayed in the show, alway waiting for the man, and always seeming a bit vacant to me.

Comments

  1. Love the concept, Nancy! Looking forward to seeing it unfold.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I will be in the gallery for my Last pop up meet up Tuesday 11/19/19 2-4:30, Ketchum Gallery, UNE, Biddeford, ME

Center of Gravity