Skip to main content

México


The exhibition at The Children's Museum in Dover, NH during the Spring of 2014 is the first to introduce one of the series I have been working on in México over several years.   These portraits of teens are paired with the individuals hand written biographies.  This exhibition started as a Learning to See project photographing teens in a similar way to my Being 13 series, but just one image of each person and a few basic questions answered in Spanish. Then the information became blog post bios en español for students in the States to respond to; in Spanish; and then do the same themselves to start a blog pen pal exchange.  

When Curator, Tess Feltes invited me to show work from Mexico, I revisited this project and found a wonderful treasure I had not realized I had in the hand written word.  I also realized these teens are now moving into adulthood, and the many documentary images I have made in this village are preserving an unfolding story.  I am anxious to return.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Center of Gravity

I will be in the gallery for my Last pop up meet up Tuesday 11/19/19 2-4:30, Ketchum Gallery, UNE, Biddeford, ME