Skip to main content

Francesca Woodman

Francesca Woodman is an artist I have been directed to explore. Over a short period of time she created a large body of work. I am presently doing my first critical paper on her work with a comparison to Cindy Sherman and her Untitled Film Stills series. Both artists started creating black and white photographs during the same time period, the late 1970's. I am looking forward to seeing this movie.

The Woodmans 
Directed by C. Scott Willis
(USA, Italy, China) – World Premiere
The Woodmans are a family united in their belief that art-making is the highest form of expression and an essential way of life, but for photographer daughter Francesca, worldwide acclaim came only after a tragedy that would forever scar the family. With unrestricted access to all of Francesca’s works and diaries, The Woodmans paints an incisive portrait of a family broken and then healed by its art. In English, Italian with English subtitles.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Center of Gravity

I will be in the gallery for my Last pop up meet up Tuesday 11/19/19 2-4:30, Ketchum Gallery, UNE, Biddeford, ME