Skip to main content

UNE: Women and Genders Studies Club lunch

During my last meet up at UNE I met Grace Farrington and she introduced my project to the members of the Women's Gender Studies Club.  I was then invited to set up my collaboration studio at their annual event the end of April 2019.

Tarryn and Spencer made paper dolls and I met so many people including Professor DeWolfe who I am looking forward to talking with soon.  Prof DeWolfe and I were both very excited about ideas of how to incorporate Dress Codes into one of her courses.  She teaches American Women's History, and I hope I get to sit in on one of her classes during the semester.
 The event was situated in my favorite location so far at UNE, by the plant wall in Ripich Commons.  I love making students photographs here.  Tarryn Nutt, (also seen below) is an active member of WGSC, her shirt says gay: fine with me. Her brother does her tattoos and she is shown above with her friend Spencer.




I hope to see you there next time I visit. The exhibition will be on display at the Ketchum Library Gallery from October 1, 2019 through the end of the year and other events are planned for the fall.

Please share this blog and you are invited of course to make comments. Over the next several months I will continue to work on this project and welcome more participants in and outside the UNE community. 
 
Do you or anyone you know have stories on matters of gender you'd like to share?
In the written word, audio, video... photographs?
 
Contact me by e-mail ngh@hortonphoto.com to be photographed or to participate in the interviews.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I will be in the gallery for my Last pop up meet up Tuesday 11/19/19 2-4:30, Ketchum Gallery, UNE, Biddeford, ME

Center of Gravity