Skip to main content

University of New England Visit Update –What's Next

On Valentine's Day at the Ketchum Library Gallery, Cally Gurley, Special Collections Librarian and I set up an interactive meet up and I had the pleasure of meeting so many wonderful people interested in the project: Dress Codes.

During my visit I was able to see more of the beautiful campus, and I am very excited about being creative with UNE including art making, research, photography and to get together to talk about dress, dress codes, identity and culture.  
Tentatively I am schedule for another visit on April 2nd.  
 
 The show is scheduled to open October 1, 2019.


Below are the action items I will be working on and seeking research and collaboration. Any interest, in audio recording, 3D printing, art making, research, dress up, stories to tell or any other ideas welcome.  
Please contact me via: ngh@hortonphoto.com
And you are also welcome to post here on the blog and sign up for project e-mails here.
* indicates required







Action Items:

1. Audio:  Participate with audio stories or the written word.

2.  Photo Shoot:  I plan to set up a studio on my next scheduled visit and folks can stop by and have their portrait taken.

3.  Paper Dolls:  Print it out and give it a try, share. This is an interactive idea I am developing, feedback welcome.


 

4. Research:   I am heading to an artist residency in April called Turkey Land Cove, a retreat for women to work on creative projects.   I plan to have a collection of books and materials to work on to build this project including working on my written artist statement.
During my visit, a student shared a paper that perfectly aligns with the discussion of dress codes very exciting to see the students connecting course curriculum to the project and  contributing to the collaboration and research.

5.  Engagement:
Questions to pose for written work and audio.

Can we, right now, start using social media to create momentum in this project and to keep us as a group engaged and growing? 
What are our #hash tags?

Do you see “Dress Codes” in the UNE community, what might they be?
Does gender play a role in our culture, and does it effect you?

What are the myths of gender, who do they serve,  and why, what are the functions of these myths?

Is this as US concern or global, does it differ?

What role can art play in informing people about things they do not understand?

How can the general public be more open and understanding of gender fluidity?

What role can photography play to tell this story?

Are you interested in being a photographic subject for gender fluidity?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Center of Gravity

I will be in the gallery for my Last pop up meet up Tuesday 11/19/19 2-4:30, Ketchum Gallery, UNE, Biddeford, ME